Makes 36 - 42 cookies
Note: these cookies keep well for 4 or 5 weeks!
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar, divided
- 1 cup pecans, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- ¼ cup bourbon
- Mix well the vanilla wafer crumbs, cocoa, 1cup confectioner’s sugar, and pecans.
- Add corn syrup and bourbon; mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in the remaining confectioner’s sugar.
- Put in tightly covered tin box or other metal container for at least
12 hours before serving.
© 2015 The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation