Test Your Knowledge of American History
A national telephone survey, commissioned by Colonial Williamsburg and conducted by Opinion Research Corporation on July 4, 1998, polled 1,004 adults and 502 children on a series of basic history questions, giving multiple-choice answers. The survey has a margin of error of +/-3 percent for adults and +/- 4 percent for children.
- What was the main purpose of the Declaration of Independence?
- What were the colonists rebelling against when they staged the Boston Tea Party?
- What was "the shot heard round the world?"
- Who were the Redcoats?
- "Give me liberty or give me death" was uttered by what patriot?
- "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" are considered "unalienable" rights in which American document?
- Who was NOT one of our country's founding fathers?
- How many original states were there?
- Who was the first President of the United States?
- Which of the following men was NOT President of the United States?
- Which one of the following teaching techniques best helps you learn and remember American history?
Learn more about this survey.