HERO Funding Available for Hawaii Educators
The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation is proud to announce its next generation of online programming!
Extensive educational resources created for the Electronic Field Trip programs are available in the new HERO multimedia library and e-learning environment.
What are the features of HERO?
- Developed by teachers for teachers
- Online on-demand access to award-winning curated video
- 27 thematic programs with accompanying teacher guides
- Student web activities
- Standards correlations
- Includes resources from the 13-14, 14-15 and the new 2015-2016 broadcast programs
- Exclusive live broadcast interactivity via phone, email, Twitter & instant polling
- On-demand message board for yearlong access to historians
What are the features of the 2015-2016 Hero Live! broadcasts?
- Seven live broadcasts events available via live video streaming from 1 - 2 p.m. ET
- Aligned to your state and Common Core standards and integrate reading/literacy, civics, history, and technology standards
- Emmy-award winning series is designed for grades 4 - 8
- The new season begins October 15, 2015 with “The Balance of Power”
- Learn more about Colonial Williamsburg’s 2015-2016 HERO Live! Broadcasts
Thanks to a generous Colonial Williamsburg donor, Hawaiian public elementary and middle schools are eligible to receive a full subscription to HERO at no charge (a $250 value per school). Since the subscription is for the entire school building, only one person from each school will need to subscribe.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line HAWAII GRANT or call 1-800-761-8331.
Two teachers who participate in the 2015-2016 HERO and HERO HERO Live! will be awarded a fully-funded scholarship to attend the 2016 Colonial Williamsburg Teacher Institute, one full week of outstanding professional development held onsite in Williamsburg, Virginia! All participating teachers can submit an application for the Teacher Institute, and two recipients will be chosen for the scholarship, which includes tuition (a $2200 value) and airfare.