Before the Institute
How to reach us
What to pack
What to read
During the Institute
After the Institute
||You should plan to dress comfortably throughout the week; the pace of the Institute involves 10- to 12-hour days, with three to five miles of walking throughout the day being common. The summer weather in Virginia is usually 90+ degrees with high humidity and occasional afternoon thundershowers. The extremely hot and humid weather can take its toll on those who are unprepared. Cool and comfortable clothing is a necessity.
Shorts and walking/athletic shoes are highly recommended. Laundry facilities are not available on site, so please pack appropriately.
Be sure to bring:
- bug spray
- umbrella/rain gear
***If you have food allergies or dietary restrictions, please inform us at the time you complete your registration***
- photo identification (needed for airline travel/TSA regulations)
- writing instruments (pens or pencils)
- Mobile device, such as a smartphone, tablet, or laptop (if desired)
- camera (be prepared for many photo opportunities!)
- Memory cards (as much storage as practical to handle all of your digital images) or film, depending on the type of camera you have
- Extra batteries or recharging cords, etc.
What if I forget something?Items such as toothpaste, shampoo, beverages, etc., may be purchased at the hotel gift shops or vending machines (Note: Coca Cola products are sold in Colonial Williamsburg).