Skip to Navigation | View regular site

Page content

James Geddy House and Foundry: Site Description

Geddy Site

A Retail shop where James Geddy Jr. displayed and sold his wares.

B Geddy bedchamber, which probably served as the nexus between the family's domestic and commercial activities and which, in the absence of a separate counting room, may also have served as an office.

C Parlor, facing Palace Street, used for formal entertaining.

D Dining room facing Palace Street, used for meals, family entertainment, and children's education.

Sales Area Shop space rented to commercial tenants such as milliner Mary Dickinson.

Foundry Site where David and William Geddy carried on their father's gunsmithing and brass-founding business until James Geddy, Jr., sold the property in 1777.

Learn more:

James Geddy Jr.
Retail shop
Gunsmith and Founder


Footer
 

1-855-756-9516

Quicklinks
Webcams | Podcasts | What’s New | Video

Colonial Williamsburg’s Websites
LEARN www.history.org
VISIT www.colonialwilliamsburg.com
SHOP www.williamsburgmarketplace.com
REVOLUTION www.ouramericanrevolution.org
EDUCATION www.ideaofamerica.org
CITIZENSHIP www.icitizenforum.org

©2014 The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
Contact | Privacy | View regular site