You are viewing our regular site | View a mobile version. Hide this x
Plan Your Media Visit to Colonial Williamsburg
Visit Colonial Williamsburg on the Internet to plan your visit. Contact the
contact Mfa Ltd. to arrange your visit. Visits should
be arranged at least two weeks in advance. If you are
a freelance journalist, a letter of commitment will be
- To get the full experience, you should plan to stay at least two days in the
18th-century capital city.
- Upon arrival, stop at the Visitor Center and take advantage of the free parking and shuttle bus service to the Historic Area.
- Colonial Williamsburg is a 301-acre outdoor living history museum. The Historic Area is more than a mile in length and varies in width between one quarter of a mile to one half of a mile. Be sure to bring and wear comfortable shoes because no motorized vehicles are allowed in the Historic Area.
- Experience “ Revolutionary City,” a dynamic two-hour event that reflects Williamsburg’s role in one of America’s defining historical periods. Each day, the east end of the Historic Area comes alive as you become a part of the town’s activities. Witness the collapse of the royal government and revolutionary citizens at war.
- Visit Colonial Williamsburg's 100 gardens covering
90 acres and including flower, kitchen, and ornamental
gardens in addition to the Colonial Nursery.
- For media on assignment, we will be glad to assist in making reservations prior to arrival, or upon arrival, for evening programs and dinners in the Colonial Taverns.
- Colonial Williamsburg and its hotels can serve as your home away from home while visiting other attractions in the area such as Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown.