December 2, 2008
Artist to sign copies of "The Tattoo"
Artist Pamela Patrick White will sign prints of “The Tattoo” from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Dec. 5 at WILLIAMSBURG Booksellers at Colonial Williamsburg’s Visitor Center, 101 Visitor Center Dr.
The Tricorn Foundation commissioned White to create the painting, “The Tattoo,” to celebrate Colonial Williamsburg’s Fifes and Drums Anniversary in 2008. Prints are on sale at Colonial Williamsburg retail outlets for $20.
The Tricorn Foundation was established in 2006 to provide scholarships for graduating seniors of the Colonial Williamsburg Fifes & Drums.
Established in 1926, the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation is the not-for-profit educational institution that preserves and operates the restored 18th-century Revolutionary capital of Virginia as a town-sized living history museum, telling the inspirational stories of our nation’s founding men and women. Within the restored and reconstructed buildings, historic interpreters, attired as colonial men and women from slaves to shopkeepers to soldiers, relate stories of colonial Virginia society and culture — stories of our journey to become Americans – while historic tradespeople research, demonstrate and preserve the 18th-century world of work and industry. As Colonial Williamsburg interprets life in the time of the American Revolution for its guests, it also invites them to interact with history. “Revolutionary City®” -- a daily dramatic live street theater presentation -- is a 2008 Rand McNally Best-of-the-Road™ Editor’s Pick. Williamsburg is located in Virginia’s Tidewater region, 20 minutes from Newport News, within an hour’s drive of Richmond and Norfolk, and 150 miles south of Washington, D.C., off Interstate 64. For more information about Colonial Williamsburg, call 1-800-HISTORY or visit Colonial Williamsburg’s Web site at www.history.org.