Electronic Field Trips
Bring the past alive in your classroom.
What is an Electronic Field Trip, and what can it add to your classroom? Colonial Williamsburg's Bill White narrates this behind-the-scenes look at the Emmy-winning series.
- Emmy-Award winning live internet events and television broadcasts for grades 4-8
- Innovative distance learning program brings history alive in your classroom
- Broadcasts air at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Eastern Time on participating public broadcasting stations and cable channels. View broadcaster list.
- Streaming broadcasts live on your classroom computer
- Live toll-free call-in and email to our historians, experts, and characters
- Year-long access to video, online voting, and student message board
- Comprehensive teacher guides
- Immerse students in authentic historical content
- Build civics, history, and literacy skills
- Infuse technology and interactive learning into a differentiated learning classroom
- Fill information gaps and enhance background knowledge
- Help students develop communication skills
- Enhance students’ ability to gather and synthesize information from a variety of sources
- On demand 24/7 Year-round Video Clips/Teacher Resources/Student Activities
- Cost is $250 for the series or $50 for individual programs
- Interactive, multidisciplinary student lessons
- Web-based, standards-aligned teacher resources
- Primary sources
- Taping rights
- Technical assistance and an online teacher “How to use” section
- Online resources—use when they fit your curriculum
2013-2014 Electronic Field Trip Schedule
Build civics, history, and literacy skills.
Create your account
CONTACT US: 1-800-761-8331 | EFTSupport@cwf.org