Welcome to the 2017 Colonial Williamsburg Teacher Institute Participant’s Guide!
We are delighted to have you join us for an exciting week of learning our nation’s history. We hope this guide will answer any questions you may have concerning the Institute. If you need additional information or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
The intensive, six-day Teacher Institute immerses you in American history while staying in Williamsburg, the restored capital city of eighteenth-century Virginia, and visiting nearby historic sites. During the Institute, you will learn techniques that will actively engage your students in the study of history. Throughout the week you will work with Colonial Williamsburg staff and interpreters, analyze primary sources, and take part in historic simulations.
Before you arrive, please be sure to
- complete your program registration online
- make your travel plans
- if your scholarship includes travel: make your travel plans through our travel agent
- if you do not have a scholarship that includes travel: make your travel plans and inform us of those plans
- inform us of any health or dietary restrictions (part of your online registration)
- complete the pre-Institute survey
- complete the pre-Institute online course
- read and respond to any emails sent to you by the registrar, your session coordinator, or Master Teacher