Teacher Professional Development
Colonial Williamsburg Teacher Professional Development Programs:
- Expand teachers’ knowledge of our nation’s founding principles and their role in developing citizenship skills
- Use interdisciplinary lesson plans that promote literacy and historical analysis skills
- Provide a variety of media that meet history/social studies standards
- Model instructional strategies that engage multiple learning styles to inspire students with the relevancy of American history to the present day
- Engage teachers in an authentic learning environment
- Explore American History from multiple perspectives, including Native American, European and African American
Step back in time and walk in the footsteps of our nation’s founders! Travel to the 18th-century capital of Virginia and experience Teacher Institute.
These intensive week-long sessions and NEW three-day themed seminars immerse participants in American history. Each program is tailored to meet common core and state content standards in United States history and government. Programs are targeted for elementary and middle school teachers.
Colonial Williamsburg offers one- and two-day professional development conferences for teachers at their schools and districts, as well as special one- and one-and-a-half-day opportunities on site in Williamsburg.